President Buhari has appointed Dr Tella Rahmon Adeniran as the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Osun nominee.
According to the report, President Buhari sent a letter of request to the Senate for consideration and approval of the appointment.
At the floor of the Red Chamber, it was announced by the president of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan who read Buhari’s letter at the Tuesday plenary.
The source revealed that President Buhari also submitted the name of James Jiya Kolo to the Senate as a replacement for Daniel James Kolo, whom he earlier nominated for appointment as a commissioner of the Federal Character Commission (FCC) representing Kwara state.
The two appointments are subject to the approval of the Senate and have been sent to the upper legislative chamber for consideration
Referring the two requests to the relevant committees of the Senate, Senator Lawan asked the committee to work on those names for further legislative action.
Until his appointment, Dr Tella Adeniran is a Lecturer at the Faculty of Management, Osun State University. An indigine of Osogbo.
- NLC, ULC Reconcile, Merge
- Birthday Celebration: Olowu Expresses Gratitude To God, Appreciates Well Wishers
- Customs, Air Force will Collaborate More For Greater Service Delivery, Says Commodore Ajiboye
- Lawmakers Order Arrest Of NDDC Managing Director,Pondei,For Walking Out On Investigative Committee
- Drama As NDDC Acting MD Walks Out On Reps, Declared Wanted
News4 days ago
Gani Adams Under Fire For Attacking Tinubu
News3 days ago
Road Rehabilitation: Chief Whip, Olatunji, Ife North Residents Laud Oyetola, Says He’s A Blessing To Osun
News2 days ago
Notable Nigerians Who Have Died From Coronavirus
News4 days ago
Kwara Deputy Governor’s Aides Test Positive For Covid-19