By Abiodun Ogunrinde, Ibadan
Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde has threatened to expose the administration of formal governor, Abiola Ajimobi if they do not stop distracting his government.
The governor disclosed this during a media chat on the state television on the occasion of his one month in office.
“If the past government in Oyo State keep distracting us from focusing on good governance, we will not hesitate to expose their files while in government.”
Engr. Makinde said his government inherited a minimum debt of 150 billion Naira, adding further that his administration was still checking the books to determine the actual total debt.
He said, “We have confirmed 150 billion Naira debt so far. We are still working to discover any other one. Some of them may be questionable. If you take bond, it is always tied to a particular project. If we want, we can value- for-money audit.”
Makinde said, the figure represents the amount discovered so far, pointed out that some of the debts may be questionable.
He also accused the last administration for rejecting their request for information until the last day.
“That’s why we spent the last month getting details from departments and ministries. Within next 10-14 days, we should have everything in place including the Commissioners”.
- Incessant Comments On Herdsmen’s Untoward Acts: Group Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life
- Osun Security Summit: OPCI Flays Aladesewa Over Comments, Says OPC Is Jittery
- Dismissal Of Certificate Forgery Case:’Persecution Now Fully Exposed’-Senator Adeleke
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
- The Village Square Interactive Session With ‘Tunde Olatunji