The Oyo state Governor, Seyi Makinde in a media chat on Saturday made some revelations on the state
debt level, a distraction from
the opposition party and his activities since assumption of office last
CityMirrorNews chronicled major highlights of the chat as monitored by our Correspondent:
- Oyo State total debt profile currently stands at N150
- Oyo Govt canceled N3000 fees to increase the number of children in school.
- Oyo 2019 Budget is not feasible, Makinde has directed review and reduction to 150 billion Naira.
- Governor Makinde promised to expose files on former Oyo governor if he keeps distracting his government from focusing on governance.
- Governor Makinde promised not to lift the ban on NURTW if they are not ready to allow peace to reign in the state.
6. Governor Makinde promised to review contracts of past government on an environmental issue.
- 7. Governor Makinde promised
to continue prompt payment of salaries by 25th of every month.
- 8. Governor Makinde said the last admin didn’t respond to their request for information.
He said “they said they’re in govt until the ‘last day.’ That’s why we spent the last month getting details from departments and ministries.”
9. Within the next 10-14 days, Governor Makinde said he should have everything in place including the Commissioners.
- 10. Governor Makinde promised to conduct Local Government election next year.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead
News2 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today