Senate President Ahmed Lawan has named chairmanship and Vice Chairmanship positions of committees.
This is also as the senate has proceeded on leave until September 24.
The leave is coming after five days of intensive screening of 43 ministerial nominees from President Buhari.
The Upper Chamber is to proceed on leave until September 24.
This was announced by Senate President, Senator Ahmed Lawan shortly after announcing the chairmen positions at the floor of the senate on Tuesday.
CityMirrorNews Post recalls that the senate last week altered its standing rule to seat on Fridays and Mondays and also shifted its recess for one week to give accelerated hearing to the screening and confirmation process of 43 ministerial nominees sent by President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life