The Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal on Thursday nullified the April 3 , 2019 judgment of the Federal High Court , Abuja which sacked Senator Peter Nwaoboshi as the Peoples Democratic Party ’ s senator- elect for the Delta North Senatorial seat.
The Federal High Court in Abuja had by its said judgment declared Ned Nwoko as the true candidate of the PDP for the February 23 , 2019 National Assembly election.
A three- man panel of the Court of Appeal , in a unanimous judgment , held that the Federal High Court in Abuja ’ s judgment was a nullity as the said Federal High Court lacked jurisdiction to have heard the case filed by Nwoko.
Justice Mohammed Idris, in the lead judgment of the panel , held that the suit by Nwoko was statute – barred and that Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court , Abuja ought not to have heard the case in the first place.
- Breaking! Insecurity: Osun OPC Gives Fulani Herders 7 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Bad Eggs Among Them
- Breaking: Supo Ayokunle Re-Elected CAN President
- Osun Guber: 10 Takeaways From Supreme Court Hearing By Adebiyi Adebisi
- Commotion As Gunmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Edo
- Osun Chief Whip, Olatunji Expresses Optimism Over Supreme Court Judgement
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Meet ‘Dayo Fasola, Oyetola’s New SSA
News2 days ago
Read Aare Onakakanfo Stance On Fulani Herdsmen Scourge In Yoruba Land
South West News4 days ago
Osun Chief Whip Urges Residents To Volunteer Information To Security Agencies To Combat Crime
News3 days ago
[Photo News]Former Osun First Lady , Serifat Aregbesola Bags Award