The Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal on Thursday nullified the April 3 , 2019 judgment of the Federal High Court , Abuja which sacked Senator Peter Nwaoboshi as the Peoples Democratic Party ’ s senator- elect for the Delta North Senatorial seat.
The Federal High Court in Abuja had by its said judgment declared Ned Nwoko as the true candidate of the PDP for the February 23 , 2019 National Assembly election.
A three- man panel of the Court of Appeal , in a unanimous judgment , held that the Federal High Court in Abuja ’ s judgment was a nullity as the said Federal High Court lacked jurisdiction to have heard the case filed by Nwoko.
Justice Mohammed Idris, in the lead judgment of the panel , held that the suit by Nwoko was statute – barred and that Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court , Abuja ought not to have heard the case in the first place.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News5 days ago
You’re A Political Beggar, PDP, Umahi, Others Knock Fani-Kayode
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead