A 26-year-old man, Badmus Kazeem, has been sentenced to two years imprisonment in Osogbo, Osun state, for running away from prison for one year.
The convict was said to have committed the crime on January 2, 2018 at Ilesa prison custody, Osun state.
The prosecutor, Mr. Fagboyinbo Abiodun, told the court that the convict escaped from Ilesa prison before he was arrested recently by the police.
The offence, according to the charge sheet, contravened the provision of section 135 of the criminal code cap 34, Vol 11, laws of Osun state, 2003.
That charge sheet reads: “That you, Badmus Kazeem, on the 2nd day of January, 2018 at Ilesa prison custody, in the Osogbo magisterial district, did as an accused in charge NO: MOS/652C/17 who was remanded, escaped from lawful custody and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 135 of the Criminal Code Cap 34, Laws Of Osun State, 2003.
The accused who begged for leniency, pleaded guilty to a count charge of unlawful escape from prison custody levelled against him.
Magistrate Adijat Oloyade, thereby, sentenced the convict to two years imprisonment.
- I Have Tried By Best, Your Fates Hang In Court Decision – Ajimobi Tells Ibadan Obas
- Why Obasere’s Chieftaincy Installation Did Not Hold – Olubadan
- VP Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting
- BREAKING: Tribunal Dismisses Adelabu, APC’s Application To Recount Ballot Papers (See Reasons)
- Veteran Singer, Baba Fryo Assaulted By Soldiers