A Police Inspector and one other person have been kidnapped in Rubochi community in the Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, according to the Nation.
They were kidnapped around midnight on Sunday, by gunmen, who stormed the community shooting sporadically.
The younger brother to a former Chairman of Kuje Area Council, identified as Mohammed Galadima, was also abducted just a couple of days earlier in the same community, according to the report.
The newspaper reports that the LGA ex-Chairman’s brother was kidnapped around 2 am on Friday, as the gunmen gained access to Galadima’s compound by jumping over the fence and picking him right in his house.
It was gathered the kidnappers had demanded a ransom of N10 million.
The Deputy Spokesperson, Federal Capital Territory Police Command, ASP Mariam Yusuf, said she would get back with more details of the incidents.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars