An official steward to Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima, has committed suicide at the Government House in Maiduguri, Sun News reports.
The steward identified as John Achagwa hanged himself in a neem tree at the back of the Presidential Lodge, Government House on Tuesday afternoon.
It is not clear why the man decided to take his life but his colleagues said he had maintained unusual quietness since he resumed work today.
“He didn’t utter a word since morning. He just kept to himself. We were together till about 2pm until he suddenly disappeared,” one of his colleagues said.
Men of the state fire service and security personnel were immediately mobilised to the scene of the incident to bring down the victim from the tree. It was the first time such an incident would occur in the State House.
- Incessant Comments On Herdsmen’s Untoward Acts: Group Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life
- Osun Security Summit: OPCI Flays Aladesewa Over Comments, Says OPC Is Jittery
- Dismissal Of Certificate Forgery Case:’Persecution Now Fully Exposed’-Senator Adeleke
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
- The Village Square Interactive Session With ‘Tunde Olatunji