By Ismaila Chafe, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sorrow at the passage of veteran sports journalist, Akinloye Oyebanji, aged 62.
According to a statement by the President’s spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina in Abuja on Saturday, the President condoled with Oyebanji’s family, friends and colleagues, particularly at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
The president noted that the late Oyebanji had worked for 35 years at the NTA, making his mark as a sportscaster.
President Buhari also recalled that the deceased was very good at his art, and would be sorely missed by the sporting community.
He prayed that Oyebanji’s soul finds eternal rest, and that God would comfort all those that mourned him.
Oyebanji, who had been ill for some months, passed on at National Hospital, Abuja, on Saturday morning after protracted battle with heart failure.
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life