By Ismaila Chafe, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sorrow at the passage of veteran sports journalist, Akinloye Oyebanji, aged 62.
According to a statement by the President’s spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina in Abuja on Saturday, the President condoled with Oyebanji’s family, friends and colleagues, particularly at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
The president noted that the late Oyebanji had worked for 35 years at the NTA, making his mark as a sportscaster.
President Buhari also recalled that the deceased was very good at his art, and would be sorely missed by the sporting community.
He prayed that Oyebanji’s soul finds eternal rest, and that God would comfort all those that mourned him.
Oyebanji, who had been ill for some months, passed on at National Hospital, Abuja, on Saturday morning after protracted battle with heart failure.
- 365 Days In Office: Hon. Arabambi Lauds Makinde’s Notable Achievements
- One Year Anniversary: Kwara PDP Scores Governor AbdulRazaq Low
- No Rancour Among Members Of Our Party , Famodun Remains Chairman-Osun APC Insists
- Two Persons Arraigned In Osun For Bypassing Electricity Meter
- Professor Ayo Adesopo’s Mum Goes Home
News5 days ago
Eid-el-Fitr: Osun First Lady Pays Hospital Bills Of Indigent Patients
News4 days ago
Osun Will Always Benefit From Your Wealth Of Experience, Oyetola Eulogizes Aregbesola At 63
News3 days ago
Ede Poly Rector, Adekolawole Accused Of Nepotism, Abuse Of Power
News4 days ago
NBA Osogbo Commends PMB For Appointing Its Member As Federal Commissioner