By Ismaila Chafe, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sorrow at the passage of veteran sports journalist, Akinloye Oyebanji, aged 62.
According to a statement by the President’s spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina in Abuja on Saturday, the President condoled with Oyebanji’s family, friends and colleagues, particularly at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
The president noted that the late Oyebanji had worked for 35 years at the NTA, making his mark as a sportscaster.
President Buhari also recalled that the deceased was very good at his art, and would be sorely missed by the sporting community.
He prayed that Oyebanji’s soul finds eternal rest, and that God would comfort all those that mourned him.
Oyebanji, who had been ill for some months, passed on at National Hospital, Abuja, on Saturday morning after protracted battle with heart failure.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead
News2 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today