By Jide Afolabi, Jos
The Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has declined to hear the motion filed by Sowore as the Court referred the matter back to the vacation judge, Justice Taiwo Taiwo .
Justice Nkweonye Maha said she lacks jurisdiction to review the decision by Justice Taiwo Taiwo.
She noted that the ruling of the vacation judge stated that the matter would be held 45 days which is 21st of September.
Sowore has been in detention since his arrest and subsequent arraignment.
He was alleged to have planned to topple the government through his #RevolutionNow Protest.
Sowore was the Action Alliance Congress, AAC, Presidential candidate in the last general election in February 2019.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars