Mrs Owolabi, mother to Precious Owolabi, corps member attached to the Channels Television, who died from shooting at IMN members’ clash with the Police in Abuja, has revealed what her son told her before his untimely death.
CityMirrorNews reported that the clash between Shi’a members of the IMN and the Nigeria police left at least six people dead.
A senior police officer, DCP Usman Musa and Owolabi, the Channels Television reporter, were among those who lost their lives to the clash.
Consequently, the deceased was on Thursday buried amid tears from family, friends and colleagues at the Wusasa cemetery, Zaria in Kaduna state.
Speaking to The Nation, Mrs. Owolabi said her son had told her he would be famous but she never knew that it would happen in death.
She said, “He loved his books. If you are looking to for him, just go to his room, you will meet him either reading or writing.
“He used to tell us, he would become famous in life, but I never thought he meant to say, he would be famous in death.”
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life