No fewer than ten passengers including the driver of an eighteen seater bus have been kidnapped along Akure/ Ikere Ekiti road by unknown gunmen.
The incident according to information occurred on Tuesday around 5pm within Iju/Itaogbolu axis of the busy road.
The heavily armed suspected kidnappers were said to have waylaid a commercial bus along the road and took the passengers to an unknown place.
According to an anonymous source, the kidnappers pointed guns at the bus and ordered the passengers to come out before they were whisked away to an unknown destination.
He disclosed the driver would have escaped but the deplorable state of the road hindered him.
The leadership of NURTW Ekiti state Chapter confirmed the incident, saying the vehicle involved belongs to a driver popularly known as Ikere.
Ekiti State Police Command Spokesman, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu could not be reached as his phone was switched off.
This is coming few hours after a security summit attended by all Governors of the South West and critical security stakeholders including the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, traditional rulers among other leaders, was held at Ibadan, Oyo State capital on to combat crimes, including the spate of kidnapping in the zone.
- Incessant Comments On Herdsmen’s Untoward Acts: Group Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life
- Osun Security Summit: OPCI Flays Aladesewa Over Comments, Says OPC Is Jittery
- Dismissal Of Certificate Forgery Case:’Persecution Now Fully Exposed’-Senator Adeleke
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
- The Village Square Interactive Session With ‘Tunde Olatunji