Students of Osun State University , Osogbo main campus are protesting the arrest of several students from their various hostels on Thursday morning .
The students blocked the Osogbo /Ibokun road to protest the arrest by the security operatives.
A student of the institution , Tayo Mosadope, told our correspondent that armed security operatives stormed some hostels in Oke Baale area of Osogbo around 7 :00 a . m . and arrested about 20 students and some non -students living in the area.
Mosadope said , “ The security men that came did not say anything to indicate where they came from . But we know they are operatives of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission .
“ About 20 students were arrested . Some non – students , who are living around were also picked up . A staff of the university that was caught recording activities of the security was also arrested . ”
Acting Dean of Students Affairs , Mr . Dare Adeyemi , confirmed the arrest of about 15 students of the school by security operatives, adding that the management was making efforts to stop the current protest .
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life