The Presidency last night commended the ruling of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal that turned down the request of the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in the February 23, 2019 election for the inspection of the server allegedly used for the election.
The Presidency in a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu in Abuja, described the ruling as a mark of triumph of justice over propaganda.
According to the statement, “In a landmark ruling by the Presidential Election Tribunal, a desperate attempt by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to overreach judicial process was overwhelmingly rejected by a unanimous decision and the long standing principle of law has once again been re-enacted.
“An attempt to cause the determination of an issue that constitutes the fulcrum of contention between the parties, at an interlocutory stage, has again been rejected by the tribunal.
“What this means is that Justice and fair hearing through due contest by the parties of a major issue for determination remains sacrosanct and remains considerable by the tribunal upon according parties just and fair hearing and not the other way round.
- FG To Establish Special Courts To Try Illegal Miners
- 3 Students Remanded Over Alleged Exam Malpractice, To Celebrate Christmas, New Year In Prison
- Plateau Police Command Parades 34 Suspects
- “We are Talking to Leaders of Online Media” – NUJ President, Chris Isiguzo
- Appeal Court Upheld Tribunal’s Judgement, Exonerates Baba Hassan of Certificate Scandal