By Niyi Olutunde, Akure
There was a pandemonium on Thursday at the Ondo State House of Assembly complex as snakes fell from the roof of the Assembly while lawmakers were holding plenary.
CityMirrorNews gathered that the appearance of the snakes suddenly during the plenary at the centre of the Speaker’s sit forced the lawmakers to scamper to safety, as their proceeding were disrupted.
However, efforts by the lawmakers to kill the snakes proved abortive as the snakes escaped.
An eyewitness who is a staff of the Assembly said that due to deplorable condition of facilities at the complex, snakes freely enter lawmakers offices and the Hallow chamber.
He said on Wednesday afternoon, a mysterious snake in one of the offices caused mild drama and apprehension at the Assembly complex when it pursued a lawmaker out of his office.
“Today three snakes fell from the Chamber’s roof when the sitting is about to commence and this made all the lawmakers to run for their lives.”
“One of the snakes dropped in front of the Speaker, the snakes escaped from the scene, some of the lawmakers were shaking as if they want to die”, an eyewitness said.
As a result of this, legislative activities have been suspended in the Assembly until the complex was renovated.
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life