By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
The senator representing Osun East, Prince Ade Fadahunsi has said the only way out of the rampaging kidnappers and bandits is for indigenes to stop giving support to the herdsmen perpetrating this heinous act.
While speaking at the 2019 Police Community Relations committee week in Osogbo, the Osun state capital, Fadahunsi said the herdsmen and bandits carry out their nefarious act through the conspiracy of indigenes of host community
Represented by Prophet Tosin Odeyemi, Fadahunsi who was asked how can a stranger most likely a foreigner know your village more than you?
He said ‘until we deal with our unruly children who are greedy and want sudden wealth the problem will stay with us.
Fadahunsi who was the chairman of the occasion, delivered a paper on kidnapping and banditry
The former customs boss said the traditional rulers also must be discrete in the sales of land and tame their appetite for material things that encourages the indiscriminate sales of lands to strangers who could be agents of criminals
The Senator also called on the police to encourage community policing, noting that the citizen or residents know the terrain more than the police and can assist both in prevention and crime fighting
He also called on the federal government to equip the police and motivate them so that their job can be done with joy and ease
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life