Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday in Osogbo had a closed door meeting with traditional rulers and other stakeholders in the state.
The meeting was part of his engagements toward finding solutions to the country’s security challenges.
The meeting was held at the Government House, Oke-Fia, Osogbo, Osun state.
Present at the meeting were: the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, the Ogiyan of Ejigbo, Oba Omowonuola Oyesosin, the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.
Other monarchs included; the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, the Orangun of Ila, Oba Wahab Oyedotun and the Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Gabriel Aromolaran among others.
Also present at the meeting were: Osun State Deputy Governor, Mr Benedict Alabi, Speaker, Osun State House of Assembly, Mr Timothy Owoeye, other state functionaries and service commanders.
It would be ecalled that Osinbajo had earlier held similar meetings with the Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Babatunde Ajayi, and the Awujale of Ijebu Kingdom, Oba Sikiru Adetona in Ogun State.
The Vice President had told newsmen that the consultations with traditional rulers was on the instruction of the President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life