By Abiodun Ogunrinde, Ibadan
Iyaganku Chief Magistrate Court has remanded a commercial driver, Sulaimon AjigbotAllah, 42, for allegedly defiling his nine-year-old
daughter, in prison, pending legal advice.
Chief Magistrate O.O Adisa, who did not take the plea of AjigbotAllah, ordered that he be remanded in Agodi prison.
Adisa ordered the police to send a copy of the case file to the Oyo State Directorate of Public Prosecution for legal advice.
He adjourned the matter till Sept. 27, 2019, for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Sgt. Folake Ewe, told the court that AjigbotAllah allegedly defiled his nine-year-old daughter on Aug., 11, 2019 at about 9 p.m. at Atipe Oke – Ofa , Ibadan.
She said that the matter was reported to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Iyaganku, by the suspect’s neighbour.
The offense, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 218 of the Criminal Code Cap 38, Vol II, Laws of Oyo State 2000.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that section 218 stipulates life imprisonment with or without a cane for defilement if the defendant is found guilty.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars