By Jide Afolabi, Jos
The United States President, Donald Trump has recognised Venezuelan opposition leader as the nation’s President.
The Venezuelan opposition leader, Juan Guaido had earlier on Wednesday, declared himself interim President of Venezuela and he has gained official recognition from US President Trump.
However, Venezuela’s embattled President, Nicolas Maduro has broken diplomatic ties with the US after Trump recognises opposition leader as interim President.
Nicolas Maduro was elected after the death of the Venezuelan President and leader, Hugo Chaves who died of cancer on 5 March, 2013.
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
- Osun Political Violence: 18 APC Members Admitted In Hospital- APC…. Stop Implicating Us- PDP
- I Can’t Step Down For Anyone – Oyeduntan
- 5 killed, 35 Abducted, As Gunmen Invade 17 Communities In Niger
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker Is Dead
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News4 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News3 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News2 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured