A road accident has reportedly killed the General Manager (GM) of the National Theatre, Dr Stella Oyedepo, on the first anniversary of her appointment.
The playwright and former director of the Kwara State Council for Arts and Culture died in an accident on Easter Monday on her way to Lagos from Ilorin.
The late Dr Oyedepo, who had authored not less than 30 published plays, was appointed in April 2018 as the first female GM of the National Arts Theatre.
Reports say that her body has been deposited at the morgue while her driver and her personal assistant, who were with her, have been admitted at a hospital.
The House of Representatives Committee on Tourism and Culture earlier this month queried her for spending N29 million to renovate toilets.
- Meet First-Class Engineering Graduate Who Sells Kerosene For A Living
- I’m Going To Marry Three Men With My Money When I Clock 40 – Toyin Lawani
- EFCC Detains Kwara TV GM, Three Others For Land Fraud
- See List Of 23 Nigerians To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia
- 50% of Litigation In Oyo Are Land Related – Commissioner
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Monarch Condemns Arson In Osun Community, Threatens Legal Action Against Trouble Makers
News4 days ago
Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
Crime3 days ago
Ondo: Woman Tortures Daughter To Death, Escapes With Corpse In Hospital
News4 days ago
Breaking: Buhari Announces Portfolios Of New Ministers As Aregbesola Becomes Interior Minister