By Niyi Olutunde, Akure
The Ondo state police command has arrested two men, Leye Akinyemi and Damilola Ijebo for allegedly being involved in the death of an 86-year-old man, Pa. Samuel Umoru.
The old man was said to have died while trying to separate Akinyemi and Ijebo who were fighting in the deceased’s house on that fateful day.
The incident happened on Friday at Oge Quarters, Oke Agbe in Akoko North West Local Government Area of Ondo State.
A source in the town, said the deceased, who was just recuperating from an undisclosed illness, saw the duo fighting and he immediately rushed at them to separate them but he was mistakenly pushed by the suspects, after which he slumped.
The source said, “The old man came to separate the two boys who were fighting. But one of them mistakenly pushed him and he fell down and became unconscious.
“Immediately, he was rushed to the Ondo State Specialists’ Hospital Ikare-Akoko but he died before getting to the hospital.”.
Police spokesman in the state, Femi Joseph, confirmed the incident saying the two fighters had been arrested.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Eid-el-Maulud: Oyetola Greets Muslim Faithful, Preaches Peace For Development
- Eid-ul-Maulud: Makinde Felicitates With Muslims, Makinde Calls For Tolerance
- FBI, South Africa Arrest Nigerian Scammers In Cape Town, Founder Of Black Axe Nabbed
- Ojasope Denies Involvement In Disruption Of TOP APC Congress
- CDHR Holds Annual Convention, Elects New Executive Committee
News4 days ago
Expect Thunderstorms Across Nigeria Friday To Sunday — NiMet
News3 days ago
VC Appointment: Seven Professors Join NMA Against UNIOSUN As Court Assumes Jurisdiction
News3 days ago
Opinion4 days ago