Anti-graft operatives on Tuesday morning entered the residence of former Lagos Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, raiding the building as part of an ongoing corruption investigation.
PREMIUM TIMES confirmed from EFCC spokesperson, Tony Orilade, that Mr Ambode is under a corruption probe, a few months after he left office.
The residence of Mr Ambode in his hometown of Epe was being searched as of 9:35 a.m. when Mr Orilade confirmed the development.
The residence of the former governor’s chief of staff in the same Epe neighbourhood was also being searched.
Billions of naira were allegedly misappropriated in the four years of Mr Ambode in office, and detectives have been busy trying to untangle all webs around the alledged corruption.
About two weeks ago, multiple bank accounts holding billions and linked to Mr Ambode were frozen as part of the probe.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- How Fulani Bandits Coordinated Attacks On Oyo Correctional Facility To Free Warlord Wakili, Other Criminal Herdsmen In Detention
- UNIOSUN: The Rantings Of An Infant Alumni Executive By Blessing Olowolafe
- Outrage As FG Links Igboho With Boko Haram
- Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
- TOP Demands Apology From Oyetola, Police Over Reputational Damage Suffered On Dismissed Case
News4 days ago
Open Disrespect To Oluwo: Iwo Chief Blasts K1, Calls For Withdrawal Of His Traditional Title
News5 days ago
‘Somebody’s Son Can Not Find You With That Video’ – Nigerians Mock Tiwa Savage Over Leaked Sex Tape
News5 days ago
FBI, South Africa Arrest Nigerian Scammers In Cape Town, Founder Of Black Axe Nabbed
News3 days ago
South-West Imams, Alfas Tackle Oluwo Over Plans To Appoint Grand Mufti Of Yorubaland, Report To Gov Oyetola