By Jide Afolabi, Jos
The Garrison Commander of the 33 Artillery Brigade of Nigerian Army in Shadawanka Barracks, Bauchi, Col. Mohammed Barack had been killed by suspected gunmen.
The Commander was reportedly killed on Bauchi–Jos Road on Sunday while he was riding a power bike from Kaduna.
A source said, “The Garrison Commander of 33 Artillery Brigade of Nigerian Army (Shadawanka Barracks) Bauchi, Col. Mohammed Barack, has been shot dead. He was shot on Sunday along Jos Road, while on a power bike and was coming back from Kaduna. He is from Kano State.”
Meanwhile, the spokesperson of 33 Artillery Brigade, Major Yahaya Nasir Kabara has confirmed the incident saying, “Yes, it’s true.” but did not give further details.
Investigation is ongoing to unravel the killers of the late Garrison Commander.
The deceased will be buried in Kano after the military rites have been performed soon.
- Insecurity: Southwest Governors Read Riot Act To Criminals
- Just In: Channels TV Reporter Shot As Shiite Members Confront Police in Abuja
- Legislator Harps On Regulation Of Social Media Space To Check Fake News
- ASUU To Buhari: Stop Rewarding Indicted VCs With Appointment
- Apetumodu Stool: We Followed Due Process, Say Kingmakers
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News2 days ago
Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
News4 days ago
Osun Workers, Pensioners Gets Salaries/Pensions For June 2019
News3 days ago
Just In: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 5,000 Personnel For NDLEA
South West News3 days ago
Osun Security Summit:Be Wary Of A Confusionist, OPC Chieftain Warns Residents