A mild drama ensured as an official of Ilesa prison was alleged to have slapped a lawyer, Mr. Kasiamobi Eze Ngwoke, in the premises of Osun state High Court, Osogbo, on Tuesday.
According to an eye witness, the prison official had slapped one of the inmates who was slow in entering the prison van after the court proceedings.
It was gathered that the lawyer who was apparently not happy with the way the inmate was treated, approached the warden to educate them that the inmate has not been convicted and his personal liberty should be respected.
Eye witness account revealed that the inmate is a client of Mr. Ngwoke.
The prison warden who was said to be unhappy with the manner of approach of the lawyer slapped him and threatened to shoot him.
The Magistrate, Mrs. Modupe Awodele, who was watching the drama from the court summoned the lawyer and the prison officials.
The Magistrate was said to have cautioned the prison officials that they have no right to maltreat or assault an accused, let alone a lawyer.
The Magistrate was said to have directed the lawyer to take appropriate legal action against the prison officials.
- How Reinhard Bonnke Affected My Life With His Radical Passion For Evangelism -Evangelist Taiwo Adeniyi
- Breaking: Renowned Preacher, Reinhard Bonnke Dies At 79
- Sowore: NHRC Calls For The Arrest, Prosecution Of Security Officials Involved In Court Invasion
- Confusion As OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office
- Ekiti LG Poll Witness Low Turnout As Speaker Backs E-voting