A mild drama ensured as an official of Ilesa prison was alleged to have slapped a lawyer, Mr. Kasiamobi Eze Ngwoke, in the premises of Osun state High Court, Osogbo, on Tuesday.
According to an eye witness, the prison official had slapped one of the inmates who was slow in entering the prison van after the court proceedings.
It was gathered that the lawyer who was apparently not happy with the way the inmate was treated, approached the warden to educate them that the inmate has not been convicted and his personal liberty should be respected.
Eye witness account revealed that the inmate is a client of Mr. Ngwoke.
The prison warden who was said to be unhappy with the manner of approach of the lawyer slapped him and threatened to shoot him.
The Magistrate, Mrs. Modupe Awodele, who was watching the drama from the court summoned the lawyer and the prison officials.
The Magistrate was said to have cautioned the prison officials that they have no right to maltreat or assault an accused, let alone a lawyer.
The Magistrate was said to have directed the lawyer to take appropriate legal action against the prison officials.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life