Perturbed by incessant cases of kidnapping and security imbroglio in Osun state, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has summoned emergency meeting to address the issue.
A statement signed by the state chairman of the party, Prince Gboyega Famoodun, and made available to CityMirrorNews on Sunday, directed all the party’s ward chairmen to gather at the party’s secretariat in Osogbo, on Monday.
According to the statement, the security meeting will start at 10am after which there would be prayer for the party and the governor, Mr. Gboyega Oyetola.
“The agenda for the meeting covers issues ranging from security, peace and how to sustain them, including prayers by the party’s grassroots leadership for the success of governor Gboyega Oyetola,” Famodun added.
The state has recently engulfed in kidnapping and killing, thus creating tension and apprehension in the minds of the residents.
Governor Oyetola also visited the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, urging him to speed up action on his promise to allow his soldiers to be part of the joint security team to combat rising crime in the state.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life