The dreaded terrorist group, Boko Haram, has bombed a Mosque in Maiduguri, killing eleven persons.
The commissioner of police in the state, Damian Chukwu, who confirmed the incident, said it happened around 5:40am.
He said two suicide bombers, accompanied by a gunman, infiltrated the mosque located at Kushari village behind old CBN quarters in the ancient city.
His words: “On-the-spot assessment at the scene revealed that at about 0540hrs gunmen suspected to be BH terrorists & suicide bombers infiltrated Gwozari/Kushari in Polo general area, Maiduguri shooting sporadically & detonated IEDs strapped to their bodies.
“Eleven people including three bombers died while fifteen others sustained injuries and are currently hospitalized at the State Specialist Hospital Maiduguri.”
- Police Arraign 3 Men For Allegedly Stealing She-Goat
- Why Nigerian Youth Remains unemployed – Pantami
- How Husband Killed Her 29-Year-Old Wife For Coming Home Late
- 2023: Ask Politicians Critical Questions Before Making Choices’, Cleric charges Nigerians
- BREAKING: Police Rescue Three Abuja Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms