A Federal High Court in Lagos State on Thursday granted bail to Abdullahi Babalele, son in-law to Atiku Abubakar, 2019 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Justice Nicholas Oweibo granted him bail in the sum of N20million with one surety in like sum.
According to the judge, the surety must be resident in Lagos and must produce evidence of means through an affidavit. He also ordered Babalele to deposit his passport.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, had on Wednesday arraigned Babalele for allegedly laundering $140,000 during the general elections.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the two-count charges leveled against him.
The commission also arraigned Atiku’s lawyer, Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie and his brother Erhunse Giwa-Osagie, on a separate charge of laundering $2million.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life