The cold relationship between the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris,was openly displayed, Tuesday,in Abuja during the Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration, with the former refusing to accept handshake extended to him by the police boss.
Both were at the event held at the National Archade, Abuja,to mark the climax of activities of the 2019 Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration.
The police chief, who was standing near the mounted podium at the event, had saluted the Senate President, preparatory to a handshake as has been the practice but instead of walking towards Idris to accept the handshake from him,the Senate President steadily looked at him and walked away to shake the service chiefs who were standing together with the IGP.
But the case was different with the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara,who had arrived at the occasion not only in company of the Senate President but also took walked to the podium to take salutes at the same time.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Tomorrow Is ‘Operation Show Your PVC Day’, PFN Tells Christians
- Gospel Singer, Osinachi, Laid To Rest In Abia
- Governor Akeredolu Mandates Churches, Schools, Hotels, Other Public Places In Ondo To Install CCTV Cameras
- Osun 2022: Ijesa Monarch Sues For Peace Among Political Parties In Ijesaland
- FULL LIST: Electoral Body, INEC Releases Names Of Presidential Candidates, Running Mates Ahead Of 2023 Elections
News3 days ago
Osun 2022: NURTW Chairman Alleges Threat To Life By Adeleke, PDP
News5 days ago
NBC Publication Director, Adelokoji is Dead
News4 days ago
APC Presidential Primary: TSO Congratulates Tinubu, Buhari, Others, Describes Exercise As Victory For All
News3 days ago
How We Escaped From Boko Haram Camp – Chibok Girls