Oyo State Police have arrested the Chief Whip of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Wasiu Olafisoye Akinmoyede, in connection with the murder of a senatorial candidate, Hon. Temitope Olatoye a.k.a. Sugar.
Akinmoyede’s arrest brought the number of those held to two.
Olatoye was representing Lagelu/Akinyele federal constituency in the lower chamber of the National Assembly. Akinmoyede is representing Lagelu state constituency.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi, a Superintendent of Police (SP), said he was not aware of the development.
The Speaker of the House of Assembly, Olagunju Ojo, confirmed the arrest. He said the House was notified through a letter.
Ojo said: “I am not aware that he has been taken to Abuja. I am only aware that he is under investigations but I am not aware whether he has been taken to Abuja or not.”
- Insecurity: Southwest Governors Read Riot Act To Criminals
- Just In: Channels TV Reporter Shot As Shiite Members Confront Police in Abuja
- Legislator Harps On Regulation Of Social Media Space To Check Fake News
- ASUU To Buhari: Stop Rewarding Indicted VCs With Appointment
- Apetumodu Stool: We Followed Due Process, Say Kingmakers
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News2 days ago
Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
News4 days ago
Osun Workers, Pensioners Gets Salaries/Pensions For June 2019
News3 days ago
Just In: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 5,000 Personnel For NDLEA
South West News3 days ago
Osun Security Summit:Be Wary Of A Confusionist, OPC Chieftain Warns Residents