By Abiodun Ogunrinde, Ibadan
Suspected Fulani bandits on Wednesday morning robbed commuters along Ife -Ibadan expressway, killing an Osun State civil servant, identified as Mr. Adenipekun Ademiju.
Ademiju, popularly called Okere, a staff of Atakumosa West local government of the state boarded a private vehicle at Osu, on his way to Ibadan before they were attacked around Ikire, in Irewole local government area.
An eyewitness said that Ademiju was hit by the bullet as the robbers shot indiscriminately at vehicles to forcefully stop them on the expressway.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of Osun State Police command, Mrs. Folasade Odoro confirmed the incident but said the Police were still investigating the matter
- Breaking! Insecurity: Osun OPC Gives Fulani Herders 7 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Bad Eggs Among Them
- Breaking: Supo Ayokunle Re-Elected CAN President
- Osun Guber: 10 Takeaways From Supreme Court Hearing By Adebiyi Adebisi
- Commotion As Gunmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Edo
- Osun Chief Whip, Olatunji Expresses Optimism Over Supreme Court Judgement
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Meet ‘Dayo Fasola, Oyetola’s New SSA
News2 days ago
Read Aare Onakakanfo Stance On Fulani Herdsmen Scourge In Yoruba Land
South West News4 days ago
Osun Chief Whip Urges Residents To Volunteer Information To Security Agencies To Combat Crime
News3 days ago
[Photo News]Former Osun First Lady , Serifat Aregbesola Bags Award