Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s brother has reportedly replaced their father as the new Obi of Ogwashi-Uku.
Ifechukwude Chukuka Okonjo, brother to ex-Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has ascended the throne of Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom, Punch Metro reports.
By this appointment, he effectively becomes an Obi.
This was sequel to the death of her father, Obi Chukuka Okonjo, who died aged 91.
The World Bank senior staff made this known on Friday via her verified Twitter handle @NOIweala
She had tweeted: “It is with thanks to Almighty God that I announce two impactful events: the Ascension to the throne of the Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom of my brother, Obi Ifechukwude Chukuka Okonjo, upon the passing away of my father Obi (Professor) Chukuka Okonjo at the age of 91.”
- Youth Investment, A Huge Step To Actualize The Nigerian Project – Sunday Dare
- Breaking: 30 ‘Missing’ INEC Staff Found
- KogiDecides: Dino Melaye’s Nephew Allegedly Shot At Pu Yesterday, Dies Sunday Morning
- Kogi Decides 2019: Live Results From Collation Centres
- Bayelsa Decides: Observer Group Calls On INEC To Reject Results From Nembe, Brass, Southern Ijaw
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
Leadership Training for Northern Baptist Youths Begins Tomorrow
News4 days ago
Osun REC: Politician Threatens To Sue Impersonators
News3 days ago
Oyetola Presents N119.5bn 2020 Budget To Assembly, Vows To Complete Ongoing Projects
News1 day ago
Bayelsa Poll: Thugs Kill Inspector, 15 On Danger List