Zamfara State governor, Dr Bello Mohammed, has been weeping as 11 indigenes of the state coming from Abuja to celebrate Eid-el-Kabir Sallah perished in an auto crash about five kilometres to Gusau the capital on Saturday evening.
The governor upon hearing about the tragic incident, rushed to the scene of the accident in Damba on the outskirts of Gusau to see things for himself and also stormed the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Gusau, where the accident victims were taken to.
Mohammed who was visibly shocked and sadden by the tragedy, promised that government would give the families of the victims some assistance to relieve the hardship they might face.
The governor ordered the immediate transportation of the bodies from the hospital to their village in Jangeru town in Shinkafi local goverment of the state.
According to an eye witness account, a Volkswagen Sharon wagon conveying ten passengers from Abuja lost control as a result of alleged speeding and collided with a trailer coming from Gusau, killing all the occupants including the driver. Source: The Sun
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life