By Olusakin Babalola,Ibadan
The Oyo State Police Command has commenced discreet investigation into recent incessant robbery operations at the Premier University Ibadan in Oyo state just as two people were attacked on Sunday morning.
In July,a gang of armed robbers invaded Obafemi Awolowo Hall and carted away computers,Telephone sets and other electronics belonging to the female students.
A student who did not cooperate with the hoodlums was stabbed and later rushed to the University clinic for treatment it was confirmed.
The Sunday midnight robbery occurred when the robbery gang invaded the Abdussalam Post graduate Hall and ordered the students to submit all their electronics as well as computers and telephone sets
Students of the Post Graduate Hall who comprise male and female could not believe their eyes when
security men assigned to the hall could not be sighted,an eye witness said.
When contacted,the image maker for the state Police Command,Superintendent Gbenga Fadeyi confirmed the story but said that only a student was injured
The PPRO said “prompt response by the police and UI security men “made the hoodlums to run away and they left the lap top they stole.The police are still on their trail”
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life