As the nation marks the first anniversary of June 12 as the Democracy Day, the Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state of Osun, Hon Rasaq Salinsile has saluted the courage of pro-democracy activists who piloted the June 12 struggle.
Salinsile in a statement said the occasion which truly represents the real day Nigerians stood behind the late M.K.O Abiola and fought for the survival of the mandate they gave him.
The Osun APC scribe commended President Muhammadu Buhari, his vice, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola and other pro-democracy activists for standing by the struggle of justice and equity.
Salinsile urged the country’s political leaders to unite among party and ethnic lines to work for the progress of the country.
- Budget Defence: Osun Assembly Suspends Consideration of Estimates of Two Ministries
- Court Fines DSS N100,000; Orders Release of Sowore Within 24 Hours
- Revealed: How Catholic Priest Slumped, Died During Football Match With Colleagues
- Security Of lives And Property Are My Priorities – Oyetola
- Accident Claims One Life In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arraign Siblings For Allegedly Beating IBEDC Officials In Osun
News3 days ago
3,000 Osun Residents Benefit From Mount David Hospital Free Medical Outreach
Politics4 days ago
Ondo 2020: Akeredolu’s Achievements Will Earn Him Reelection—APC
News1 day ago
Breaking: Senate Rejects Hate Speech Bill