Nigeria’s President Buhari suffered an embarrassing encounter on Monday after being stoned at party’s rally in Ogun.
President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress national party chairman were on Monday attacked at the party’s rally held in Abeokuta.
The President was stoned with materials suspected to be shoes and stones.
As a result of the violence, activities at the MKO Abiola International Stadium, Kuto, Abeokuta, was paused for some minutes.
President Buhari was shielded by his security agents who blocked his front to avoid being hit by the objects being thrown at him and other party members.
The development angered the leaders of the party, including former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, who left the podium while the President was making his remarks.
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
- Osun Political Violence: 18 APC Members Admitted In Hospital- APC…. Stop Implicating Us- PDP
- I Can’t Step Down For Anyone – Oyeduntan
- 5 killed, 35 Abducted, As Gunmen Invade 17 Communities In Niger
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker Is Dead
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News4 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News3 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News2 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured