Nigeria’s President Buhari suffered an embarrassing encounter on Monday after being stoned at party’s rally in Ogun.
President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress national party chairman were on Monday attacked at the party’s rally held in Abeokuta.
The President was stoned with materials suspected to be shoes and stones.
As a result of the violence, activities at the MKO Abiola International Stadium, Kuto, Abeokuta, was paused for some minutes.
President Buhari was shielded by his security agents who blocked his front to avoid being hit by the objects being thrown at him and other party members.
The development angered the leaders of the party, including former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, who left the podium while the President was making his remarks.
- To Achieve Affordable Housing We Will Decongest Ibadan, Create Satellite Towns – Oyo Govt
- Osun Govt Declares Tuesday, August 20 Public Holiday For Isese Day
- Osun: Bishop Oyejola Dedicates New JDPMC Office To Indigents
- Akeredolu Appoints New Telegraph Correspondent As DCPS
- Breaking: Fire Guts Katangowa, Lagos Market, Destroys Goods Worth Millions Of Naira
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News3 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News3 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News2 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports3 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life