Osun State Governor, Mr Adegboyega has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari on his victory at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.
In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Ismail Omipidan, on Wednesday, shortly after the court’s pronouncement, the governor said the judgement has no doubt laid to rest the tussle over who truly won the February 2019 presidential election.
He said all lovers of democracy must salute the resilience of the judiciary in deepening the country’s democracy through sound and lucid judgements.
“On behalf of the people and Government of the State of Osun, I congratulate our president, Muhammadu Buhari, on his victory at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.
“With this judgement, Mr. President will remain focused on the delivery of good governance to Nigerians. It is my hope that the verdict will put an end to the needless bickering, distractions and provocation that greeted the election.
“I congratulate the leadership and all members of our party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) for this victory,” Oyetola said.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars