Delta Central Senator, Ovie Omo-Agege has emerged as the Deputy Senate President of the Nigerian Senate.
Omo-Agege defeated Senator Ike Ekweremadu who has occupied the seat for three times.
The Delta Senator polled 68 while Ekweremadu, who represents Enugu West had 37 votes with one person abstain and one void vote.
Ekweremadu was the Deputy Senate President in the sixth, seventh and eight assemblies under Senator David Mark and Bukola Saraki respectively.
- Osun collaborates With TAMPAN To End Immorality In Nigeria
- Who Are The Enemies Of The Open Society? By Adewale Olayemi
- Two UNIOSUN Students Docked For Alleged Assault, Unlawful Society
- Buhari Has Disobeyed More Court Orders Than Abacha And IBB – Falana
- Why Foreign Students, Lecturers Shun Nigerian Varsities —Jega