By Jide Afolabi, Jos
Senators-elect have started voting as they elect their leaders after nominations ended.
Two Senators-Elect, Ahmad Lawan of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, and his party-mate, Ali Ndume were nominated for the position of the Senate President.
Ahmad Lawan representing Yobe North was nominated by Senator-Elect, Yahaya Abdullai representing Kebbi North and seconded by returning Senator, Solomon Adeola representing Lagos West for Senate President.
While Senator-Elect, Ishaku Abor representing Adamawa North nominated Ali Ndume for Senate President. The nomination was seconded by a Senator-Elect from Rivers state.
After acceptance speeches from both nominees, the National Assembly Clerk, Sanni Omolori announced that voting shall be done in secret ballot, as against the Court Order for an open ballot stating that he has not received any Court Order.
Voting has however begun as the Senators-Elect elects their preferred candidate.
- Breaking! Insecurity: Osun OPC Gives Fulani Herders 7 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Bad Eggs Among Them
- Breaking: Supo Ayokunle Re-Elected CAN President
- Osun Guber: 10 Takeaways From Supreme Court Hearing By Adebiyi Adebisi
- Commotion As Gunmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Edo
- Osun Chief Whip, Olatunji Expresses Optimism Over Supreme Court Judgement
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Meet ‘Dayo Fasola, Oyetola’s New SSA
News2 days ago
Read Aare Onakakanfo Stance On Fulani Herdsmen Scourge In Yoruba Land
South West News4 days ago
Osun Chief Whip Urges Residents To Volunteer Information To Security Agencies To Combat Crime
News3 days ago
[Photo News]Former Osun First Lady , Serifat Aregbesola Bags Award