Two staffs of Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, have been reportedly abducted by gunmen suspected to be kidnappers.
The incident was said to have occured at Ile-ogbo junction, along Iwo-Osogbo road, today, Monday February,11.
An eyewitness, who craved anonymity told CityMirrorNews that the victims were accosted while returning from work Monday evening.
He added that one person, who managed to escape from the scene was shot severally in the process and presently lying critically at an undisclosed hospital within the axis, while other two were dragged into the bush.
Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer in the State, SP Folashade Odoro, who confirmed the incident to our Correspondent said police officers were presently cobbing the area to apprehend the culprits and rescue those who were kidnapped.
“Yes, two people were kidnapped, and our men are already in the bush trying to rescue the victims and apprehend the abductors”, Odoro said.
It would be recalled that some Methodist Church members, including a priest were kidnapped at the same axis late last year, in which about three million naira was allegedly paid as ransom before they could regain their freedom.
- PS SUBEB, Kolawole Pays Courtesy Visist To Oranmiyan House, Says His Politics Is Simply Aregbesola
- Breaking: PDP Suspends Chairman on Allegation of Misappropriation of Funds
- Imbibe Reading Culture In Children–Osun First Lady Tells Parents
- National Theatre DG, Stella Oyedepo, Dies In Car Crash
- PDP Kicks Against Inclusion Of Justice Oyewole In Osun Appeal Panel