By Chijioke Okoronkwo,Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday at the Presidential Villa, signed the Public Holidays Act Amendment Bill into law.
Sen. Ita Enang, Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate) disclosed this to State House correspondents in Abuja.
Enang said that the Act declared June 12 of every year as public holiday and Democracy Day in Nigeria.
“It amends the Public Holidays Act which now removes May 29 of every year as a public holiday and now makes it June 12, democracy as a public holiday in Nigeria henceforth.
“By this Act, May 29 is no more a Public Holiday,’’ he said.
Buhari had on June 6, 2018, declared June 12 to be the new Democracy Day in commemoration of the democratic election of MKO Abiola on June 12, 1993.
The Federal Government had earlier on Monday declared June 12, as a public holiday, to commemorate the nation’s National Democracy Day (NAN).
- Breaking! Insecurity: Osun OPC Gives Fulani Herders 7 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Bad Eggs Among Them
- Breaking: Supo Ayokunle Re-Elected CAN President
- Osun Guber: 10 Takeaways From Supreme Court Hearing By Adebiyi Adebisi
- Commotion As Gunmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Edo
- Osun Chief Whip, Olatunji Expresses Optimism Over Supreme Court Judgement
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Meet ‘Dayo Fasola, Oyetola’s New SSA
News2 days ago
Read Aare Onakakanfo Stance On Fulani Herdsmen Scourge In Yoruba Land
South West News4 days ago
Osun Chief Whip Urges Residents To Volunteer Information To Security Agencies To Combat Crime
News3 days ago
[Photo News]Former Osun First Lady , Serifat Aregbesola Bags Award