By Jide Afolabi, Jos
The National/State Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting at High Court in Jos, Plateau state has dismissed the petition filed by Hon Jonathan Dabo of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, against the declaration of the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Hon Haruna Maitala as the winner of the election into the House of Representatives for Jos North/Bassa Federal constituency.
The tribunal dismissed the petition for lacking in merit.
The tribunal held that the petitioner failed to prove its case of non-compliance with the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.
The tribunal, therefore, affirmed the election of Hon Haruna Maitala.
- Kidnapping: Ijesa Communites Want Police To Prosecute JOMBO, Other Suspects
- Gunmen Abduct Bridget Esene Immigration Service Spokesperson In Benin
- Ibadan Socialite Gatuso Shot Dead
- Drama As Police Commissioner Arrest Ebonyi LG Chairman, Lawmaker, Others
- Herdsmen: High Court Bans Open Grazing, Akeredolu Rules Effective Tomorrow