By Abiodun Ogunrinde, Ibadan
Operatives of the Ibadan Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested eight suspected internet fraudsters at the Elebu-Oja area of Ibadan, Oyo State.
The suspects include Ojo Ayobami, Dayo Adedokun, Ojo Ayotunde, Ibidapo Ileriayo, Ibidapo Kolade, Adeniyi Gbenga, Aluko Idowu, and Adeusi Olatunji.
They were rounded up on February 8, 2019, following action on a series of intelligence reports.
They were alleged to be involved in fraudulent activities ranging from love scam and other forms of internet fraud, through which they obtain money from unsuspecting victims.
“Three different models of exotic cars, laptop computers, telephones, international passports, and several incriminating documents were recovered from them.
“They will soon be charged to court,” the statement added
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
- Osun Political Violence: 18 APC Members Admitted In Hospital- APC…. Stop Implicating Us- PDP
- I Can’t Step Down For Anyone – Oyeduntan
- 5 killed, 35 Abducted, As Gunmen Invade 17 Communities In Niger
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker Is Dead
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News4 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News3 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News2 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured