The Court of Appeal sitting in Calabar, Cross River State, has ruled in favour of Sen. Godswill Akpabio, of the All Progressives Congress, APC, nullifying the election of Dr. Chris Ekpenyong, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who was declared winner of the February 23, 2019 National Assembly election in Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.
The court also ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued to Dr. Ekpenyong and conduct fresh election in the Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District within 90 days.
Recall that Akpabio, not satisfied with the judgment earlier ruled against him by the Justice Akanbi-led Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, filed an appeal at the Court of Appeal, Calabar.
- ’70 Years Old Odo-Ogun Bridge About To Collapse!’ – Group Cries Out To FG
- Shun Crime Or Face Full Wrath Of Law, Army Warns Criminals
- Osun REC: Politician Threatens To Sue Impersonators
- Nigerian Army Begins Training For Operation Crocodile Smile IV In Ondo
- Leadership Training for Northern Baptist Youths Begins Tomorrow
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
Nigerian Baptist Youths Congratulates CAN President, Supo Ayokunle
News5 days ago
Crisis In Presidency: How ECOWAS Rejected Attempt To Undermine Osinbajo
News2 days ago
Poll: Kogi Declares Public Holiday For Schools
News4 days ago
Baptist Youths Felicitate Mamora, Sunday Dare on Ministerial Appointments