By Abiodun Ogunrinde
Oyo State House of Assembly has frowned at a letter emanating from legislative council of Irepo local government, Kisi, on the withdrawal of the purported suspension of the Chairman, Alhaji Asifu Adediran-Sulaiman and his vice, Mrs Victoria Ojedele.
The Assembly described such letter as uncalled for and irrelevant after setting up of committee to
look into the matter.
Recall that the House had also rejected the sack of the council bosses, noting that due process in
line with the Local Government Laws 2011 were not followed and as such ordered the Chairman and his vice to continue with their lawful duties.
Reading a letter sent to the House by the Councillors during Tuesday plenary, Speaker Olagunju Ojo said the Councillors decided to withdraw the suspension following the intervention of the traditional rulers and council of chiefs in the town.
But the lawmakers described the letter as unnecessary moves by the LG councillors as their action was unconstitutional in the first place.
- I Have Tried By Best, Your Fates Hang In Court Decision – Ajimobi Tells Ibadan Obas
- Why Obasere’s Chieftaincy Installation Did Not Hold – Olubadan
- VP Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting
- BREAKING: Tribunal Dismisses Adelabu, APC’s Application To Recount Ballot Papers (See Reasons)
- Veteran Singer, Baba Fryo Assaulted By Soldiers