The Chairman of the dissolved Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) in Oyo State, Prince
Ayodeji Abass-Alesinloye has raised alarm of a threat to his life over his resistance to the dissolution of the local government councils in the state by Governor Seyi Makinde.
Prince Alesinloye, one of the embattled chairmen in Oyo state, alleged that suspected supporters of Governor Makinde and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of being behind the threat.
According to Alesinloye, the threat to his life began on May 30, 2019, after he addressed a press conference where he insisted that he and his colleagues remain in office until the court says otherwise, adding that after the press conference, strange persons suspected to be supporters of
the governor and his party the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) came to attack him in his office, forcing him to escape through a different route.
But in a swift reactions, Governor Makinde, speaking through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Taiwo Adisa, said the “allegations are not true and that the orchestrated campaigns are meant to distract the smooth take-off of the new administration but we will not be distracted.”
- Two Die In Ghastly Motor Accident In Osogbo
- How Reinhard Bonnke Affected My Life With His Radical Passion For Evangelism -Evangelist Taiwo Adeniyi
- Breaking: Renowned Preacher, Reinhard Bonnke Dies At 79
- Sowore: NHRC Calls For The Arrest, Prosecution Of Security Officials Involved In Court Invasion
- Confusion As OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office