By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mr Benedict Olugboyega Alabi, has appealed to online media practitioners in the state to be fair, objective and factual in the coverage of government activities.
Alabi who commended the new media practitioners for their promptness charged them to always uphold the principle of objectivity in their reportage.
He gave the charge while playing host to members of Online Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria (OMPAN),Osun Chapter in his office in Osogbo, on Thursday.
The Deputy Governor, who said journalism is not about fiction but facts that must be verified, enjoined them to work towards the progress and development of the state in their news report.
Alabi stressed the need for OMPAN to put the interest of the state first in their reportage and urged them to be objective in the information they disseminate to the public.
He appreciated the members of the association for their visit.
He further noted that the state government would do all it could to take Osun greater heights.
“Our government is working hard to improve the living standard of Osun people by making social amenities available” he added
- PS SUBEB, Kolawole Pays Courtesy Visist To Oranmiyan House, Says His Politics Is Simply Aregbesola
- Breaking: PDP Suspends Chairman on Allegation of Misappropriation of Funds
- Imbibe Reading Culture In Children–Osun First Lady Tells Parents
- National Theatre DG, Stella Oyedepo, Dies In Car Crash
- PDP Kicks Against Inclusion Of Justice Oyewole In Osun Appeal Panel