There is palpable tension in Sabo area of Ile Ife, Osun State, following the alleged killing of two men at a mining site located in Aruwa Village.
It was gathered that a clash in Aruwa on Thursday claimed two lives.
It was further gathered that a fight at a mining site in Aruwa involving some labourers led to the death of a northerner and a Yoruba man.
To prevent reprisal attacks on Friday, a large number of security operatives were said to have been deployed in Sabo, an area inhabited by mostly northerners.
However, indiscriminate shooting was heard in the area, leading to safety concerns as businesses hurriedly shut down.
A resident of Sabo, Tayo Olapade told our correspondent that it was the deployed security operatives who were shooting.
When contacted, spokesperson for the Osun State Police Command, Folasade Odoro, said “Commissioner of Police has deployed men to the area. The situation is under control. No panic please.”
- Breaking: Bayelsa Assembly Speaker, Bubuo-Obolo Steps Down For Deputy, Abraham
- Oranmiyan Worldwide Felicitates With Alimi Over Appointment As Aide To Reps Speaker
- Osun Ex-Commissioner, Alimi Appointed Senior Legislative Aide To Speaker House Of Reps
- Philanthropist, Hart-Egbunike Renovates Hospital, Donates Medical Equipment
- Court Discharges Suspects Arrested With INEC Kits During Gov Election In Osun
News23 hours ago
N-power Removes Double Salary Earners, See Those Affected
News5 days ago
Fani-Kayode Calls For Dethronement Of Oluwo For Allegedly Assaulting A Monarch
News5 days ago
Can Any Monarch Try Such With Ooni Or Alaafin?: Oluwo Reacts To Alleged Assault On A Monarch, Says He Defended Himself
News2 days ago
Breaking: Alleged Assault On Agbowu; Residents Storm Gov Office, Call For Oluwo’s Suspension