By Abiodun Ogunrinde, Ibadan
The DAWN Commission has been directed to coordinate a South-west summit that will bring all critical stakeholders together to brainstorm on how to tackle insecurity in the region.
Gboyega Akosile, deputy CPS to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, in a statement made available to CityMirrorNews said the summit aimed at further promoting the developmental agenda of the South West region.
According to the statement, speaking after a special meeting at the Ondo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja on Friday, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu said the DAWN Commission has been directed to coordinate the summit.
“There’s an urgent need to stem the growth of criminal activities and banditry in our region and as leaders, we must be proactive in our approach to addressing the issue,” Akeredolu said.
He stated further that a consulting firm, KPMG has been appointed to review the tenure of the Group Managing Director of Oodua Investment Company, which has all the Southwest State Govenments as shareholders.
The meeting, which was attended by Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Ondo State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Oyo State Governor, Mr. Seyi Makinde and Osun State Governor, Mr. Gboyega Oyetola unanimously adopted Mr. Akeredolu as the chairman of the South West Governors’ Forum.
The Forum resolved to reconvene at a later date for further deliberations.
- How Reinhard Bonnke Affected My Life With His Radical Passion For Evangelism -Evangelist Taiwo Adeniyi
- Breaking: Renowned Preacher, Reinhard Bonnke Dies At 79
- Sowore: NHRC Calls For The Arrest, Prosecution Of Security Officials Involved In Court Invasion
- Confusion As OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office
- Ekiti LG Poll Witness Low Turnout As Speaker Backs E-voting