By Jide Afolabi, Jos
The Court of Appeal sitting in Jos has affirmed the election of Hon Alphonsus Komsol representing Qua’An Pan/Shendam/Mikang Federal Constituency in Plateau state.
The Court also dismissed the appeal filed by a former member of the House of Representatives and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the election, Hon Johnbull Shekarau for lack of merit.
Shekarau had approached the Court to seek an order that the winner, Alphonsus was not qualified to contest the election. He also sought an order to nullify the election and conduct a fresh election.
The Court held that the appellant shot himself for lack of due diligence in prosecuting his matter.
The Court, therefore, upheld the Tribunal judgement and struck out the appeal for lack of merit saying that the lower Court was right to have dismissed the petition.
Addressing journalists after the judgement, the winner, Hon Komsol thanked God for the victory saying that the Court has just affirmed the mandate freely given to him by the people.
He described his opponent, Shekarau as his brother and called on him to join hands with him to give the good people of Qua’An Pan/Shendam/Kanam a good representation in the National Assembly.
- ‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
- How I Lure And Kill Victims In My Compound – Nigerian Serial Killer, Ndubuisi Makes Shocking Confession
- Ondo 2020: NRM Aspirant, Ataunoko Picks Governorship Nomination Form
- Just In: Kwara Gov Announces Minor Cabinet Reshuffle
- Just In: Plateau Chief Of Staff Tests Positive For COVID-19