The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife community was on Saturday thrown into confusion as a lecturer in the Department of Physical and Health Education, Mr Nicholas Igbokwe was reportedly found dead in his office.
A senior lecturer in the Department, who pleaded anonymity told CityMirrorNews that Igbokwe was seen hale and hearty in the faculty on Saturday morning, before the unfortunate incident happened.
He described the late colleague as an easy going and amiable personality, adding that his demise had thrown the Department, as well as the whole citadel into mourning.
“He was a gentleman to the core, he was a very dutiful man who really knew his onus, his demise sincerely came as a rude shock to all of us,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Public Relations Officer of the university, Mr. Abiodun Olarenwaju has confirmed the death of Igbokwe.
He said: “It’s a pity we lost him. Nobody expected that. He was brought into hospital this morning dead.”
- Popular Trado-medical Practitioner, Oko-Oloyun, Shot Dead
- Just In: FG, South-West Govs ‘Agree’ On Amotekun
- KDI Proffers Vocational Training, Technical Education As panacea To Youth Unemployment
- LG Election: Ondo APC Promises Free, Fair,Transparent Elections
- Breaking: Court Stops INEC, Senate From Executing Judgement Sacking Ifeanyi Ubah
News5 days ago
APC May Cease To Exist After Buhari’s Tenure, Gov Fayemi Says
News4 days ago
How Oyetola Brokered Peace Between Oluwo And Me – Ogundokun
News4 days ago
Just In: Oyetola Appoints Rent Tribunals Chairmen, Members
News3 days ago
Osun Muslim Community Against Formation Of Operation Amotekun, Backs Federal Govt’s Position